View all positions
Vice President of Operations
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
“To transform the way we use energy, protect resources for future generations, and allow people the freedom to focus on life”
WaterFurnace is a Geothermal Heat Pump and Heat Recovery Chiller Business with R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales Teams headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN with over 250 Employees in the US and Canada. Our solutions are installed into the Residential and Commercial HVAC / Renewable Energy markets primarily across NA. Our technology is the most efficient method for heating, cooling and hot water generation for homes and buildings, with no onsite GHG emissions. We are a “Clean Energy” Company.
The VP of Operations is a key role on our Executive Leadership team reporting directly to the CEO. This position is responsible to lead all Manufacturing, Sustainability and Supply Chain Teams and Processes as well as all facilities and asset management.
- Lead initiatives to foster a safe, collaborative, and team-oriented culture.
- Lead a “best in class”, customer response focused organization.
- Lead Supply Chain initiatives for Delivery, Cost, Quality and Flexibility improvements to support a single piece flow manufacturing model.
- Lead further development of a lean and sustainable footprint with flexible operational excellence to support a 100% make to order fulfillment model.
- Facilitate strong bench strength across functional teams.
- Improve facility through 5S Disciplines to exceed Customer and Brand Image Expectations.
- Lead manufacturing process and facility development strategy to support cross functional portfolio innovation and growth initiatives.
Please attach a résumé and completed Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Form.
Apply to this position
- Ten to Fifteen years of direct operations leadership experience of lean, ultra-flexible operations in both union and non-union environments with customer first mentality.
- Experience structuring and leading ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 operating systems. Experience driving Quality, Reliability and Sustainability activities across various functions.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and creatively. A track record of continuous improvement change agent initiatives.
- Effective team and cross-functional communicator, to build an empowered consensus driven culture.
- Proven record of nurturing and developing team members, at all levels, in a dynamic work environment.
- BS in Engineering, Operations Management, or related field required, MBA Preferred.
WaterFurnace's 115,000-square-foot headquarters serves as a model for commercial geothermal installations worldwide. Our innovative approach, state-of-the-art business systems and outstanding work environment combine with our excellent benefits to make WaterFurnace your Employer of Choice: Tuition Reimbursement; Group Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Flexible Spending Account; Company-Paid Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Optional Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability; Vacation; paid Sick/Personal days; Holidays; and 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Match.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.