View all positions
Vice President of Human Resources
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
“To transform the way we use energy, protect resources for future generations, and allow people the freedom to focus on life”
WaterFurnace is a Geothermal Heat Pump and Heat Recovery Chiller Business with R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales Teams headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN with over 250 Employees in the US and Canada. Our solutions are installed into the Residential and Commercial HVAC / Renewable Energy markets primarily across NA. Our technology is the most efficient method for heating, cooling and hot water generation for homes and buildings, with no onsite GHG emissions. We are a “Clean Energy” Company.
The VP of HR is a key role on our Executive Leadership team reporting directly to the CEO. This position is responsible to lead the recruitment and skill development process for our talent, as well as define our Culture with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team. This position will also have responsibility to administer and manage our Benefits and Compensation Model.
- Build strong Client relationships with Functional Leaders by providing expertise of labor laws, mentoring and policy oversite while aligning Talent Development and Compensation Models with Business Strategy for both our Production and Professional Teams.
- Manage Payroll Process and develop a Compensation benchmarking model using market data to evaluate and propose changes to the compensation model and organizational structure.
- Administer all Benefits programs with third party providers and CFO. Evaluate our comprehensive Benefits model utilizing benchmarking and propose options for improvement.
- Facilitate with CEO and Leadership Team the definition and forward direction of the WaterFurnace Culture and Values System, enhancing the WaterFurnace Employment Brand.
- Develop professional job descriptions for recruiting and skill development of all Professional and Production Team positions, as well as lead the recruiting and candidate evaluation process.
- Develop and manage the performance planning and review processes, including annual performance reviews, merit increases, competency reviews, and performance improvement process.
- Mentor cross-functional Employee Initiatives Team and Safety Team for planning and implementation of employee engagement activities, while ensuring an enriching and safe working environment.
- Provide expertise and assistance to employees and managers through one on one coaching. Responsible for review and approval of all final warning and termination actions.
Please attach a résumé and completed Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Form.
Apply to this position
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development, or related field.
- 8-10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience with 3-5 years at the Executive Level - broad knowledge and experience in employment, compensation, payroll law, Federal/Indiana Laws, IOSHA, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, as well as training and development.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks, recruiters and organizations.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide human resources programs that include benefits, compensation, employee engagement, strategic planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective representative of the organization’s human resource needs to the Executive Management team. Being a change agent facilitator for the purpose of, increasing team collaboration, culture definition and refinement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
WaterFurnace's 115,000-square-foot headquarters serves as a model for commercial geothermal installations worldwide. Our innovative approach, state-of-the-art business systems and outstanding work environment combine with our excellent benefits to make WaterFurnace your Employer of Choice: Tuition Reimbursement; Group Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Flexible Spending Account; Company-Paid Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Optional Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability; Vacation; paid Sick/Personal days; Holidays; and 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Match.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.