WaterFurnace's Purpose: To transform the way we use energy, protect resources for future generations, and give people the freedom to focus on life.
Join us, and grow…
… in an entrepreneurial culture producing a clean energy product. Combine your contributions with those of an experienced team of professionals.
Nature fuels our product; passion fuels our success.
Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, WaterFurnace has been raising the standard on innovation and efficiency since its inception in 1983. WaterFurnace units have been installed across all 50 states and in countries around the world. Although we earned a reputation as a leader in geothermal heat pumps, we've worked in recent years to innovate new technologies, integrate key trends and grow our core business to represent a portfolio of clean and sustainable solutions.
Our success in the residential market is being coupled with significant strides forward in the commercial and international realms with a robust line of products, top-notch training, and growing global recognition.
View all positions
Technical Service Representative
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Reporting to the Manager of Tech Services, the tech service representative will assist field technicians with troubleshooting WaterFurnace equipment and accessories.
Drawing on a solid working knowledge of refrigeration systems and HVAC installation and service as well as typical plumbing and electrical practices, your accountabilities will include:
- Diagnosing issues with WaterFurnace equipment and accessories over the phone. Some travel will be required for more extensive issues.
- Supporting warranty and customer service representatives with questions regarding equipment and parts.
- Acquiring and analyzing field data, as needed.
- Designing and developing test apparatus and procedures, as needed.
- Complying with all WaterFurnace International and OSHA policies, procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Three or more years of HVAC install and or service experience of heat pumps.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration systems and HVAC installation and service as well as typical plumbing and electrical practices.
- Electrical wiring, schematic reading, and general troubleshooting.
- Software skills: mid-level Visio, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Strong refrigeration theory.
- Good phone etiquette skills.
Please attach a résumé and completed Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Form.
Apply to this position
- Broad geothermal product knowledge.
WaterFurnace's 115,000-square-foot headquarters serves as a model for commercial geothermal installations worldwide. Our innovative approach, state-of-the-art business systems and outstanding work environment combine with our excellent benefits to make WaterFurnace your Employer of Choice: Tuition Reimbursement; Group Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Flexible Spending Account; Company-Paid Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Optional Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability; Vacation; paid Sick/Personal days; Holidays; and 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Match.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.