WaterFurnace's Purpose: To transform the way we use energy, protect resources for future generations, and give people the freedom to focus on life.
Join us, and grow…
… in an entrepreneurial culture producing a clean energy product. Combine your contributions with those of an experienced team of professionals.
Nature fuels our product; passion fuels our success.
Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, WaterFurnace has been raising the standard on innovation and efficiency since its inception in 1983. WaterFurnace units have been installed across all 50 states and in countries around the world. Although we earned a reputation as a leader in geothermal heat pumps, we've worked in recent years to innovate new technologies, integrate key trends and grow our core business to represent a portfolio of clean and sustainable solutions.
Our success in the residential market is being coupled with significant strides forward in the commercial and international realms with a robust line of products, top-notch training, and growing global recognition.
View all positions
Geothermal Retail Opportunity Manager - Southern New York
Location: Southern New York
The primary purpose of this position is to increase geothermal heat pump (GHP) sales by executing the retail sales functions to include lead contact, evaluation, presentation and closing for participating dealers and contractors (PD/PC).
To achieve this goal, the Retail Opportunity Manager (ROM) will perform the following functions:
- Monitor, influence and conduct lead generation activities in support of WFI corporate advertising activities.
- Build relationships and gather installation guidelines from participating dealers / contractors.
- Design, source and gain contractor compliance on typical retail sales site visits, presentations and follow-up protocols. Establish unique standard operating procedures with the PD/PC.
- Conduct initial lead screening, pre-sale education and site visit scheduling with consumer and PD/PC
- Conduct site visit and consumer needs assessment in conjunction with the PD/PC representative. Compare notes, develop contractor scope of work recommendations and build consumer proposal.
- Deliver and present the installation proposal to the consumer with the intent to close. Answer consumer questions and explain transaction details such as payment terms, financing, rebates, tax credits and scheduling.
The Retail Opportunity Manager will use the following tools to succeed:
- Expert user of GeoLink Design Studio for loop consultation and financial analysis
- Expert user and trainer of various WFI sales tools and programs to include Symphony Insight, Reliable Renewable slide deck, Loop it Later and the Enerbank financing app
- Salesforce CRM for tracking of relationship, opportunity and pipeline activities
- Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams as well as standard corporate software tools for web conferencing
- WFI sales literature, installation and specification manuals
- Expert administrator of all local rebates and incentives
Certifications and Qualifications
The Retail Opportunity Manager should have or actively be enrolled in the follow:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business and/or an associate’s degree from a technical school in a related field. (Preferred, not required if experience is demonstrated)
- Formal retail sales training such as; Sandler, Dale Carnegie, Boot Camp or similar.
- Enroll and continue retail sales coaching program (negotiable expense)
- 3 years of retail sales experience with demonstrated success in a related field or technology
- Have or obtain IGSHPA Accredited Installers accreditation
The Retail Opportunity Manager will perform the following routine duties:
- Coordinate with local WFI TM and PD/PC to ensure continued lead generating activities.
- Receive, analyze and capture leads inside designated CRM for tracking and reporting.
- Conduct pre-call analysis and research using available tools.
- Conduct initial lead contact, education and pre-sale discussions in order to establish high close conditions. Scheduling the initial site visit and sales presentation with the consumer and PD/PC.
- Conduct site analysis, needs analysis, application review and loop design survey in conjunction with the PD/PC. Develop pricing and proposal for presentation.
- Execute a formal and scripted sales presentation utilizing the proposal, literature, available tools and financing information. Move to close and schedule the job with the consumer and PD/PC.
- When appropriate, coordinate with WFI Geo FTC for loop application information, scheduling or consultation.
- Maintain job execution accountability with the PD/PC to ensure a successful deployment.
- Execute post job after action review with the PD/PC to refine process, pricing and key issues.
- Conduct quality control check with consumer and seek referrals, reviews and testimonials.
The Retail Opportunity Manager should have or work to possess the following:
Please attach a résumé and completed Applicant Voluntary Self-Identification Form.
Apply to this position
- Demonstrated self-starting capability in the field with minimal direct supervision required
- Professional in-home retail sales process.
- Interpersonal skills for successful relationship management and business advantage
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Clear and effective communication skills including technical reading and writing
- Organization and flexibility to respond to changing circumstances
- Technical knowledge in the fields of GHPs, GHXs, and HVAC
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology and methods
- Cooperation with business associates and willingness to work through conflict
WaterFurnace's 115,000-square-foot headquarters serves as a model for commercial geothermal installations worldwide. Our innovative approach, state-of-the-art business systems and outstanding work environment combine with our excellent benefits to make WaterFurnace your Employer of Choice: Tuition Reimbursement; Group Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, and Flexible Spending Account; Company-Paid Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment; Optional Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability; Vacation; paid Sick/Personal days; Holidays; and 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Match.
WaterFurnace International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.